RESTLESS DAY 3 - 16/10/08

(Anna) So this is day 3, thursday
(Tom) Day 3 Blues!
And Tom's feeling really restless so i'm in on the memo as well.
I'm feeling really restless, really down and i kinda want to get up and do something but i cant obviously and i cant see and it still hurts and it doesnt look like the bloodshot eye has gone down anywhere and its stilll hurting in the top left hand corner of my eye like when i blink or open my eyes and stuff, its the only bit that really does, the rest of the eye feels really fine but this one little area is really really hurting and um and its really annoying and horrible and.... and..... Bleaauugghhh!
And Tom said to me, today he's going to go for a walk, and i said no you are not! That was a bit of a turning point, because i turned around and meekly said....... OK! Ok so yeah, i think this is where my job hets a bit more difficult,cos i have to..... ah the phone is ringing.....
..........Ok, memo resumed after talking to my friend, Andy, asking how it all went, and um......
Its so difficult handing everything over to Anna to do, like, i'm such an indipendant person, i likw doing things myself and everything, Understand that as stubborn! Stubborn, yeah! and like just then i picked up this dictaphone and i went to switch it on and um, i had to tell myself, no, put it down and let Anna do it. and its just so difficult. Cos i want to do these things but then i can't! and it feels horrible!!!
Even getting your drops out of the fridge. Yeah. We have a small bedside fridge, but even so, straining yourself to lean over and open the door and..I wasnt reallty straining to lean over to begin with, it was only the fact that i leant over to take the stuff out of the fridge, i was naked cos my jamas are in the wash, and i thought it was my nan coming up the stairs. by bums showing, and my bits are dangling, i'm trying to get the drops, then had to strain to get the drops and get back into bed and covered up quickly, and it turned out to be just you.
So, anyway..... yeah. Definately day 3 is the day of restlessness! Yep! Tom just wants to flex his muscles and do things. The aneasthetic is kinda wearing off now and....... you know...... I could probably do with some more maybe?! Yes, lets go and get you some more drugs.
I think your eye is healing really well! Well I think it hurts to buggery! Well you did miss your 1st ibuprofen of the day! You know what, i dont think that Ibuprofen does much to stop the pain, its paracetamol that does it, the painkiller. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflamatory drug so it takes down the swelling.
Oh one good thing i suppose. This morning, my eye wasn't stuck together. Yay! I dont know if that because i woke up loads in the night and i kept opening my eyes or not, but it just wasnt stuck together, so i could open it this morning, every other morning, its been properly stuck together, we have had to bathe it and soak it and wipe all the gunk out. The gunk is definately white today which is good.
Memo day 3 over? Yep, why not. I guess you can tell by the depressing tone of my voice how i am feeling really.
Yeah Bye! Bye!

No comments: