POST OP - about 2pm 13/10/08

Hello
I'm back from theatre, like a couple of hours later and um.... Annas here and i'm feeling really groggy, my voice has changed a lot since before the op when i was completely freaking out.
Everything's good, i've got a bit of a headache from um, the err, aneasthetic. I'v still got a needle in the back of my hand from putting me under. An arm band round um to sort out my erm blood pressure. I'v got a big eye patch on, a big like plastic thing. Can you see my eye underneath it? (to anna) Its clear plastic?
Oh, i've got a dressing on......which is why i cant open my eye, of course!
Erm yeah, i havn't opened my eye yet, but every time that i look around with the other eye, my eyeball moves underneath the eyelid on my left eye, and it feels like they havnt done the operation at all, it feels like instead they have lifted up my eyelids and poured the contents of a sandbag in it. I think its the stiches that are rubbing on the inside of it.
And you know when you wake up like completely dry eyed, you cant open your eye to begin with and your eyeball is stuck to the inside of your eyelid? It feels a little like that!
So umm, just lying up, sitting up in the bed at the moment, waiting for a cup of tea, and a sandwich, and anna's here having joined my just about 10 minutes ago.
Recovery continues.......

No comments: