PRESERVATIVE FREE DROPS

Hi Before i came in for the operation i heard a doctor talking about drops on the KC conference 2005 (availiable from the keratoconus support group - link below) The doctor said that he would advise against drops with preservative as they are a form of toxin. I decided that if i'm going to all the bother of an invasive PK, i would like the best after care as well. Therefore i would like preservative free drops to aid my best recovery possible. I have been prescribed Dexamethasone every 2 hours and Chloramphenicol 4x a day. The hospital has had trouble finding drops without preservative. They finally found me some this morning (day 1) Before i came into hospital, i aquired a miniature fridge to keep the drops chilled beside my bed, and for when i het back to work, the chlora is supposed to be kept refrigerated.

No comments: