DAY 3 FOLLOW UP - THURSDAY 16/10/08 pm

Hello, Its thursday evening. Day 3.
Just got back from... well had dinner and stuff, but recently got back from Mr Anderson's for my follow up, erm... and everything is going really, really, really well. He seemed very pleased with my progress and he's just said that there is a couple of bits of trauma in my eye at 3 o-clock and 11 o-clock, thats causing the bloodshot bits and there is some bruising. He was very surprised as to how un-inflamed my eye was. which is a positive sign. I seem to be coping with it pretty well.
He also mentioned that he was very pleased with the donor cornea, they managed to pair me with a cornea of similar age, so.... and he also said that the cornea was of an exceptional quality, it just sounds like everything is good. I said that the cornea is not directly on top of the pupil and he said that was normal, they would usually transplant the cornea as being slightly towards the nose, and slightly down because of the way that the eye works, thats the best place, thats where the vision comes through. and thats why he did that.
He mentioned that my eye is a little bit soft, it isn't fully inflated with fluid and he he wondered why that was as usually it's too high pressure. The usual reason is because there is a leak somewhere in the stitches but he had a really really good look and couldn't find anything. He had a good look on the inside of the eye as well, so i have now got a massive dialated pupil.
So everything sounds good and that it went as well as i could hope.
I have another apointment with him on monday, so i have decided to stay close to the hospital at my parents until then, Anna needs to go back to London tomorrow and i will see her again on monday, and go home back to London after the apointment.
Goodnight all.

No comments: