FRIDAY DAY 4 - 17/10/08 pm

Hi, um, its Friday, day 4 in the evening.
Things have been slightly better today. I think that the photo i took earlier (shown above) looks less bloodshot. And i woke up this morning and um.. my eye wasn't stuck together at all, there was a few little bits of gunk i had to take out of my eyelashes and some yellow staining from the apointment last night, but overall it was kinda fine, i was able to open my eyes, it wasn't dry erm.. it was good Throughout the day today the top right hand corner of my eye that has been absolutely almost unbearably painful, has been feeling a little better for the first time since the operation. It's um...Yeah i can still fell its kinda there but it doesnt hurt as much to open and close my eyes anymore. Its not such a sharp pain, its more of a dull pain now. and i can feel it kinda right deep in my eyesocket now, there is a sort of fairly dull, almost bruised pain. All in all it feels like its getting better. I think my vision is slightly better today than it was yesterday, which is nice. I was able to see the numbers on the TV, showing the score on Mastermind. Most of the day i have spent relaxing in bed and then this evening i went downstairs and spent some time sat in the living room with mum and dad and nan. It was too much for me, it was really difficuld because erm... like... Anna has been making sure that i don't do anything and just rest, mum and dad havn't been so strict, like i started doing a bit more than i probably should like bending down to look for my eyepatch when it fell off the sofa and lifting things. It started to make my eye hurt and erm... yeah, it feels quite nasty to say but i feel like thay are taking that i have gone through a tissue transplant fairly lightly. I have to be uber-careful and not do anything and er.. i feel bad for asking them to do stuff for me, i need to get that out of my head really cos i shouldn't, but thats what i'm feeling like. I kinda feel like i have to be very self sustainable here, but i cant as that will be bad for my healing especially as its only the 1st week. I did too much of that this evening, that was my mistake and i'm paying for it now with a bit of a painful eye. I need to calm down and relax.
Anyway, its not long before i have to take that last drop of the day, finally have my medication all sorted, it's been a nightmare trying to get a prescription for more than a days worth, finally got one for 2 months supply. Hopefully mum or dad will get that for me tomorrow. Thats it for today Speak to you again tomorrow

No comments: